Tips To Help You Enjoy The Street Performers Festival!
Things to keep in mind while wandering the street...
For your comfort, safety and overall enjoyment of the festival, here are some tips:
- The festival is a free community event, however as Street Performers do pass the hat for your donation, we encourage you to bring cash to the festival. Street Performers make their living doing this - please be generous!
- Change is available at the Information tent.
- Performers' appearance on the street may be different than what you see in the program – these are multi-talented folks!
- Drink water! The time will fly by while you're being entertained. Don’t forget to drink lots of water and avoid dehydration.
- Don’t forget sunscreen! Reapply as directed throughout the day.
- 'Busking' is the practice of performing in public places for tips and gratuities. Buskers do just about anything that people find entertaining: acrobatics, balloon modelling, card tricks, clowning, comedy, contortions & escapes, dance, fire eating, fortune-telling, juggling, magic, mime, solo or group musical performances, puppeteering, street art, street theatre or even sword swallowing!
- 'Performance Circles' are like mainstage acts but they begin at random times. See the "UP NEXT" whiteboards at the information booth.
- 'Roving Performers' wander up and down the streets and can be seen throughout the festival – watch for them, too!
- Please leave your dogs and other pets at home. Animals are not allowed on the festival site.
- Walk your bike or skateboard through the festival site.
- Please do not smoke in crowds – especially during performances.
- Leave storefront doors clear so that our DownTown friends and their customers are not blocked in or out.
- Bring your friends and families. Enjoy yourself and come back often throughout the weekend.